Friday, September 19, 2008

Holiday gifts made easy

I can't believe I'm thinking of the holidays already, but I am. With four kids and a fairly big extended family, if I don't get a head start it gets crazy! And I've learned the hard way how expensive last-minute impulse shopping can be (ugh). We've reached that "really, truly, we don't NEED anything" stage, and have asked that relatives simply spend time with us. It's better than cheap, it's priceless! Fortunately, no one has said "well, we'd rather do a gift certificate" - ha
For the kids, we suggest memberships to places like the KC Zoo, the pool, or even movie tickets. Last year my BIL (genius!) gave them pool passes and Sonic gift cards and they loved it! Though, I thought they would explode before the pool opened (December to May is a very long time if you are eight). The best part - they can use the gift again and again and there are no pieces to assemble or things to outgrow.

How have you changed your holiday gift-giving routine?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just found your blog - luv it! I'm not interesting enough to have one so I will live vicariously through yours, ok? I haven't even begun to think of the holidays. The older I get, the less time I spend thinking of the holidays. Yes, I've become one of those out at the stores at the last minute (not Xmas Eve, though -I'm not that lame). Anyway, keep on blogging! Love ya, Linda