Thursday, September 4, 2008

It's Picture Day!

School Picture Day was always one of the most traumatizing, dreaded, stress-inducing events of my school years. My shirt never seemed quite right, my smile always turned out goofy, and it was a major challenge to keep from bumping my feathered and Spritzed bangs before the photo session. And heaven forbid it would rain!

Well, the "new" hasn't yet worn off of the kids' haircuts, and here it is Picture Day again. So, last night I spent an hour coordinating shirts (making sure that each was wearing a favorite, of course). Then I realized that we have 5-6 background colors from which to choose. Do I need this much choice? Gray has always worked well, but who can turn a cold shoulder to the opportunity to have a purple background on their school picture? We just got a new couch, so now I'm thinking the background has to coordinate with the new couch, so purple is out. What about the red? Sassy and vibrant...but it would clash with one of the shirts. Scratch red. Maybe if we put the pictures in the dining room this year instead of the living room, we could do the blue....or maybe the hall since the green would set off the background chair cushion....


We went with gray.

No comments: