Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My New Track Bike!

A long time ago, on a race track far, far away, this 89/90 Yamaha FZR600 raced and made someone very happy. Then that someone became bored with it's charms, and shuttled it off to a new home. It made it to the track a couple more times, but work and duty called so mostly it sat alone in a dirty, dusty farm building. This past weekend we rescued it from it's hiding place under the tail end of a John Deere Gleaner in a barn in Kansas. Welcome to our motorcycle family, FZR!

With Ron's motorcycle expertise and patience, spare change for parts, and my unflagging encouragement ("Is it fixed yet? What's that part for? When can I ride it? What cha doin' now? Can I sit on it? When can we paint it?"), it will soon join us at track days in and around the midwest. This is my track bike. Yea!
(This project made possible by my husband's inability to shrink from a motorcycle challenge. Thanks, honey!!)

1 comment:

Snooker said...

Can't wait for the pictures with you ON it!