Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Transition

Earlier this week, our family here at KUDL lost a dear friend to breast cancer. I wasn't lucky enough to have known her well; she left her position here shortly after I arrived. While our paths only briefly brushed one another, her impact on the people around me was profound. Sherri was warm, funny and beautiful. You always knew when she stopped by to say "hi" because the building would be overflowing with hugs and positive energy.

Dan and I spoke with her recently about her cancer and how she was handling her life, diagnosis, and reaching out to others. I've posted the interview here so you, too, can be touched by her message, her faith and her life. God bless you, Sherri. While we will miss you dearly, the angels are rejoicing that you have arrived.

No comments: