Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My 1st Motorcycle Track Day

My girl Lauren and me getting ready to tackle the track. Lauren's a great rider and fast! Me, slow and steady wins the race, right?

Me on the grid, engine racing and ready to go. My heart was pounding, but it was so cold I hardly noticed. Nothing hotter than wearing a head-to-toe leather suit and boots.

Learning the track and how to look thru the turn (and not at the ground).

Here's Ron assessing the damage after I crashed his bike because I wasn't looking in turn 10. (Thank goodness he's a patient and loving man) On the plus side, the bike was only scuffed, and I was only bruised. But I may keep the grass that was stuck in my helmet as a souvenir.

The Winner's Circle! Aaron, Lauren, me and Ron taking a bow after a great weekend at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit. The crew there is great and the track is a lot of fun. Can't wait until the next time! (I promise not to crash again, OK, honey?)

No comments: