Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Yeah! The Trees are Done!

Yippee! I FINALLY have the Christmas tree(s) decorated (lights, keepsake ornaments, handmade treasures, beads, and tinsel) and with a week to spare! Woohoo! (the pic is our Charlie Brown tree - it followed us home - how could we say no?). Our big tree sat naked in the corner of the living room for nearly a week before it was adorned with anything but dust. With 14 boxes of Christmas decorations you'd think I'd have moved faster, but I'm in slow-mo this year. Maybe it's because the sooner it's up and glistening, the sooner the gifts arrive underneath and the sooner the whole thing is over in a cyclone of paper, ribbons and giggles. The older I get the more I want Christmas to linger just a little longer. I cherish the season, the time with my family and friends, and how everyone seems a just little bit nicer all around (unless, of course, you are challenging them for a parking spot at the mall - vicious!) I'm just hoping I can stop for a moment and absorb a little bit of it this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I prefer live tree, but my wife does not. here is a pic of the tree my wife has in her office. yes it's still up!

http://moriahjovan.com/mojo/officially-on-holiday