Monday, June 8, 2009

Yikes! I must've been busy!

Has it really been nearly a month since I last updated? Yikes! My apologies - guess this is a sign that my world is moving at warp speed but I'm not. WHOOSH! What have I been up to? CHANGE. Fortunately, I'm a mom and it's one of my strong suits, but being ambushed by change can be intimidating.

#1. MY KID FLEW THE COOP. I'm excited, anxious, terrified, thrilled and sad all at once. She's a bright, creative and wonderful young woman who needs to stand on her own two feet, but I'm not ready for this! She'll be fine, and I can't wait to see how she does. I'll admit I'm a tad envious, though. Oh, to be 20 and off on a grand adventure with no strings attached....

#2. MEET THE NEW BOSS. I'll have to say this has been the easiest part of the last month. Not the Losing-The-Old-Boss part; that sucked, to be honest. But the new Big Cheese is off to a good start. Drop by and say "hello" by tuning in to the 98.1 KUDL Morning Show - he'll be sitting right across from me each morning as he's also my new radio partner. Locked in a room with your boss for hours each day - no pressure there - ha! Actually, he's a really good guy, funny, and we're glad to have him on our team.

#3.BIG RELATIONSHIP TEST. Been busy getting ready for a road trip with my guy. Best way to discover the strengths and weaknesses of your relationship? Spend 20 hours in the car together. It's an eye-opener! LOL! I'm really excited about our trek to a private motorcycle event with friends. Yes, it's a week away from my kids (which I dread) but a wonderful time with my guy. And it's three days of nothing but motorcycle riding on the track. WOOT! My goal this year: to stay out of the grass. If I learn how to look cool dragging my knee in the corners, too, BONUS POINTS.

Enough about me - what have you been up to?

No comments: